We are always looking to build more relationships with innovative Exeter-based businesses and people, anyone looking to utilise their waste produce, or anyone with some creative flare that would like to utilise some of our collections.
There are many ways you can help as an individual, company or organisation. Please do get in touch with us to discuss any of these further.
- Volunteer to collect or deliver food locally
- Become a volunteer driver
- Become a Trustee of the charity
- Donate surplus in-date food if you are a food business or supplier
- Register to receive food for your charity or community organisation
- Support us financially by becoming a Friend of Exeter Food Action (more info coming soon)
- Invite a speaker to your club or organisation
- Engage with us on Facebook and Twitter
We are always looking for energetic volunteers.
There are a number of different roles. Many work hard to collect surplus food weekly and daily. One inventive and talented volunteer started utilising fruit and vegetable contributions to create delicious jams!
If you are a budding environmentalist, social entrepreneur or local looking to get involved in an excellent community-enhancing project, then please contact us.
We are happy to receive almost all kinds of food from retailers, farmers, food producers and transport companies. These include fresh fruit and vegetables; fresh meat and fish; dairy produce such as milk, yoghurt, butter, cheese; drinks such as fruit juices, smoothies, bottled water; ambient (dry) foods; and frozen produce.
We take daily collections from some shops and outlets in Exeter, and are able to take goods in bulk quantities. Our warehouse allows us to store dry food, fresh food and frozen food.